04 October 2010

Autumn Colors

Based on the warm temperatures that we experienced over the weekend, we have officially begun the fall phenomenon known as "Indian Summer."   After a period in September that the local weather forecasts had dubbed the coldest of the past three years, the temperature rebounded to become the hottest.  Some people even went swimming in the lake!

But the leaves have definitely begun to turn.  What was for the most part lush green last week has distinctly begun showing colors, as I noticed on the morning walk today.  Having missed glorious photos in past years, I am determined to take my camera with me as often as possible.  Once the colors begn to turn, the phases move very quickly.


One especially flamboyant sign of the season is the colorful ivy that covers so many walls and houses.  So today I am posting some scenes that I found particularly lovely.





No comments:

Post a Comment