25 September 2011

Meandering in Maryland

I am among the most fortunate persons in the world.  I have the opportunity to live in two very different, but also very beautiful, places.  I do appreciate both of those opportunities and am savoring every moment.  For example, when I am in Maryland, I love taking walks.  Even though the normally hot and humid summer weather in Maryland is not conducive to strenuous outdoor activity, a nice walk in the early part of the morning is a great pleasure.  Where we live, lovely walking paths are abundant.

On this particular route, I found some very interesting fungi.

Although I would hesitate to use them in a recipe, they were quite beautiful.

And I especially love seeing the colorful black-eyed susans, Maryland's state flower, along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment