25 January 2012

Happy Birthday, No 1 Son!

It was 46 years ago today that my first son, father to Princes Tyger and Lightning, was born.  It was a snowy day in my home town where I was, like my own mother who went home to her parents during WWII, staying with my parents while awaiting his birth.

In those days, we had neither foreknowledge of baby gender nor was our timing calculated as well as it is today, so I was actually expecting the arrival of Little Question Mark a bit later.  This was especially true because I had just had a doctor visit the day before and the doctor had told me that we had another six weeks to wait.  So, when I didn't feel well that morning, I thought that I had the flu, which was going around.  After it became evident that LQM was bound and determined to make his way into the world, we hastened to the hospital and at 3:27 pm, I realized that LQM was in actuality a little boy.  Here he is with his little brother, who came along the following year!

Now he has a family - including two little boys - of his own.

Happy Birthday, Proud Dad Big T!

No comments:

Post a Comment