07 April 2012

Quiet Saturday

Many of my neighbors appear to have left for the Easter holidays which coincide with the school spring break. I've been involved today in schematics plotting out a major writing project, which started off a year ago as an email conversation among several people formerly from my little home town in Montana. The conversation was inspired by an incident occurring there in the late 1950s that literally traumatized the entire town.

Memories of the incident first evolved into a short story draft early this year following my attendance at a writers' conference in February. After performing some Google searches inspired by the situation, I discovered a treasure trove of information about that incident and its aftermath with some very interesting, previously unknown, if macabre, twists.  My visitors at the end of February provided some new information that I had previously been unaware of. Now the episode is spiraling into something that is still to be determined, but has some exciting possibilities. The short story is still in rewrite stages, but will ultimately be something very different from the major project.

The weather today, being unseasonably cool, gloomy and rainy has helped contribute to a productive writing spurt. There is absolutely no temptation to be outside. But now, on a break from that project, I am turning my thoughts to the one of the lovely perks of any holiday in this area: chocolate. When Friend R visited me for lunch a couple Mondays back, she brought me one of Lindt's sweet packages.
Because I had already purchased chocolate at the FestiChoc for our dessert, Friend R's gift is still intact. But all that is about to change. Based on this article, chocolate will be a comfort to many this weekend. I can guarantee that it will comfort me!
Enjoy your last few minutes in your pristine wrapping condition, little chocolate bites! Now I need you to inspire another burst of creativity! Let us hope that your "sacrifice" will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment