21 September 2012

Where has the Summer gone?

Wow, I can't believe that it's been more than two months since I last posted here!  Granted, it's been a very busy time, but usually I can scrape together a few words without there being such a hiatus.

When I last posted, it was mid-July and I was getting ready to travel from Maryland for a three-week visit to Montana to accomplish some business (more about that later) and to visit friends and family, especially my lovely Princess Butterfly whom I hadn't seen in person since she was three.  She has grown up so much! Finally, I was able to get some spiritual renewal from my beloved Rockies.  I can happily report that all went well during that visit.  Details and even some photos will be provided in due course.

I can also report that the rest of my visit to the US went well.  HWMBO and I were able to spend a lot of quality time together and I was able to spend quality time as well with the two youngest and extremely lively grandsons - I had forgotten just how much energy two little boys have!

There were some highlights and there were some tragic moments.  Happily the highlights outnumbered the tragic ones!  But there are many - too many - good, decent and compassionate people who will not be here to share 2013 with those of us who are.

I returned to Switzerland earlier this week and have been muddling through the days until it seems as if jet lag has truly departed and I am fairly and squarely here again, in the "proper" time zone frame of mind.

But it has indeed been a long time - much too long.  And there has been a lot a-happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment