15 April 2010

More from Morges

As it turned out, it was a good thing that I visited Morges yesterday while we had the sun.  We were supposed to have sun today, but didn't.  Rain is expected again tonight.  So I have memories of yesterday to post today.  At least, they help to remind me of how beautiful the weather can be.

I spent some time yesterday meandering along the lake front while I was visiting the town.  There are some nice apartment buildings along the shore.
As might be expected, there were several ducks swimming nearby.  But I was quite surprised to see a pair of redheaded ducks among them.  So far as I can remember, it's the first time that I've seen them here.  I'm not sure whether they are redheads or canvasbacks, or another species entirely.  This one seems to have features of both.  Redheads and canvasbacks are native to North America and are, at least in the case of redheads, "rare vagrants" to Western Europe.  Rare vagrants or not, they are here now.  I hope they have residence permits.
I wasn't the only passerby enjoying the view.
There were flowers, including tulips, everywhere, not simply in Independence Park where the major Tulip Festival is held.
The boats at their moorings appear ready to set sail.  And the small boats in the distance are part of an afternoon sailing class.
This little sidewalk cafe was well occupied.
I can hardly dare to believe it.  But apart from a few stutters and halts, Spring is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment