28 April 2010

Spring is in the air


In this final week of April, I am at long last beginning to believe that Spring is truly here. Not only have the temperatures been warm enough to read and work outside on my terrace-balcony, but the flowering trees have burst or begun bursting into blossom everywhere. Other deciduous trees are leafing out and I am rapidly losing my lake view to their greenery. It seems that these seasonal changes are taking place somewhat later this year - or else I simply don't remember what happened a year ago as well as I'd like to think that I do. Hmmm ...

Earlier this month, I stopped by this vineyard.  Other than looking very well tended, it doesn't look as if anything could possibly grow there.
Here's how the same vineyard looked yesterday. Those tiny shoots of green will become vines with luscious grapes. In a year or two, we'll be enjoying the wine.
This morning, I stopped by the little park across the road to see what progress is being made with the little snackbar.  It will open in May.  And May begins this weekend!
The park itself looks gloriously green, even if it is still empty this early in the morning and this early in the season.
In a week or two, it will be rare to see the beach at the park as deserted as it is now.  Of course, the lake water is still a bit icy.
Further down, near the boat landing, the other snackbar may be shuttered up.  But the tables set up outside let us know that it will be open for business a little later this morning.  It actually opened for the season a few weeks back.
While the village still slumbers, the seasons move along inexorably.  And beautifully.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment