18 May 2010

Here comes the Sun!

I hope that I haven't jinxed everything by using the S-word.  But today, I woke up to it.  What a strangely wonderful feeling it was after days and days ... and days ... of cloudy skies, wind and rain!  According to the paper, we should have more sunny days, at least for the rest of the week.  What a lift to the spirits!  It's like finally coming out of a dark tunnel.
Temperatures are still cooler than usual for this time of year.  Personally, I'm not complaining.  Having been raised in a northern climate, I prefer cool to HOT.  But it's apparently wreaking small havoc on some of the wildlife, specifically the birds.  It's awfully cool for new nestlings.  Perhaps even worse, the insects aren't hatching as they should so that the adult birds find foraging for food more difficult.

Of course, I am just as happy not to see lots of insects, even though insects have their place in the grand scheme of things.  But how nice it is finally to see the colors of May!  Even the trains seem to rush by with panache.
And how I love the romantic wisteria blossoms! 
If I wake to sunshine again tomorrow, I will begin to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment