03 December 2010

Interlude - for Grandson Prince C

Last summer, when Prince C - of the "Double Cs" - visited me here with his sister and father, he was literally fascinated by the malls where the group accompanied me while I was shopping for groceries.  He especially remarked on the moving ramps from the parking lots to the main floor that allowed customers to move their shopping carts up and down without having to use an elevator.  Given that fascination and his general interest in how things function, he missed one experience that he would still be talking about had he seen it.

So, today HWMBO and I took advantage of an interlude between snowfalls where the roads were almost clear and rushed over to Nyon's La Combe in order to replenish our food supplies.  I tried to snap these photos fast enough for Prince C to get the full effect



but I don't believe that I wholly succeeded.  In La Combe, the space allows only for escalators rather than moving ramps.  So the problem has been resolved by mounting a special conveyor staircase next to the escalator into which one locks the wheels of the shopping cart.  It then makes its way down - or up - as the case may be, in solitary and majestic splendor.

I'm very sorry that you missed this during your visit, Prince C.  So this post is especially for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment