26 February 2012

Things Natural

Leaving the murky worlds of politics and religion behind, I am delighted that I have been able to enjoy the outdoors this past weekend.   Yes, our cold spell has officially broken - at least for a time - and I have been able to bike along some of my usual trails, which does wonders for my mood, even though the countryside is still brown and gray for the most part.  It's also good because I am expecting guests to arrive via TGV from Paris tomorrow and visits are always more enjoyable for them when they can go out and do some walking, without feeling as if they will freeze to death.

I actually had a fairly uncluttered view of Lake Geneva this morning, even though the haze still enveloped the Alps. Of course, the zoom lens helped bring the view a bit closer, but this is as much of the lake as I have ever been able to see from my terrace balcony.  With Spring around the corner, the leaves on the trees will soon obscure the lake once again.
The vines of "my" vineyard have been tended, carefully clipped back in preparation for the growth spurts that will occur soon.  I caught glimpses of the workers in the field, even on some of the coldest days this past month.
The snowy slopes of the Jura remind us all that winter is still here, even with the warm weather we've been experiencing.
But it is lovely to be able to get out and about again, without having to bundle up completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment