22 November 2012

Being Thankful, Part 2


With HWMBO valiantly hosting part of our far-flung brood, the rest are gathering in various locations with friends or family or both.  Elder son, Proud Dad T, and Sweet Momma H are hosting most members of her family and I am sure that Prince Tyger and Prince Lightning will ensure that the day is not dull.  They certainly livened up my summer and I am thankful that they and their parents are well.  I am even more thankful that I will soon get to see them again.  Here's a reminder of the perpetual motion duo, wholly occupied for a moment with Proud Dad T.
I am thankful that this past summer I got to see my most precious Princess Butterfly and to spend lots of one-on-one time with her - I have photos galore from the experience.  Here she is with her second cousin, my grand-niece, Princess Jelly Bean, whom she adores.
The feeling appears to be mutual.  I got to witness their bonding first-hand last summer when I met my grand-niece for the first time.
Visiting my niece Princess B, one of my 2011 summer guests, on her own turf was especially fun because I got to see my "baby" sis Sweet Momma N too.
I am thankful that I got to visit with both of Princess Butterfly's parents even though the two have, like HWMBO and I, been in different geographic locations for most of this year.  Proud Dad S and I spent time together in the mountains of Montana,
and two other sisters were able to come and see me there as well.  We spent some time clowning around as well as watching meteor showers together!
This year has been full of renewing acquaintances and seeing people I hadn't seen in years.  For that I am very grateful.  And among the things for which I have the most gratitude this year is that President Barack Obama was re-elected to a second term.  President Obama would be the first to admit that he is far from perfect.  But, IMO, he is head and shoulders above the best alternative that the opposition could propose this year.

Thank you to all of my fellow Americans who stood in long lines and voted.  My road was an easy one.  As an absentee voter whose voting residence is in a "blue" state, things went smoothly for me.  That was not the case for many others.  I am most thankful that we can all celebrate this holiday with the election results that we have.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment