01 December 2012

Views from the Gare de Montreux

The gare de Montreux (Montreux train station), like all train stations in Switzerland, is in the center of town,  perched precariously between Alpine slopes, tamed at their lower levels by construction and the terraced vineyards that are a principal feature of the area,
and Lake Geneva.
More rugged Alps, appropriately sprinkled with snow at this time of year, loom above the station platform.
Before heading towards the Christmas market, I decided that I would visit Montreux's vieille ville (old city), so I began climbing the steps on the Alpine side of the platform.
From there I could look down at one of the Golden Pass trains,
which reminded me that I definitely plan to take some Golden Pass Line excursions this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment