01 May 2011

May Flowers and a Pause

Today is 1 May and it has been a glorious day, in spite of a forecast for rain.  Of course, we really could do with a lot more moisture, so I hope that there will be some rain tonight.  The flowers that have burst forth seem not to feel adverse effects so far.


It is beautiful around here right now. 

But I shall be leaving for a short spell.  Early tomorrow morning, I'll be on the train to Italy, there to meet with HWMBO and others in order to visit a part of that lovely country.  Of course, at the rate that the USD is plunging, it may be one of the more expensive trips we've taken in Europe.  I really can't believe how low the dollar's gone - WAY below the CHF - something that has never happened before in my experience.

HWMBO will return from Italy with me to spend some time here in our Swiss version of paradise.  But until our return, I'll not be posting on SD.  Until then, I wish all and sundry a very happy, beautiful and glorious month of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment