14 May 2012

More May Flowers

Once I had passed through the gates to the jardins and entered the main display area, this was the sight that met my eyes.
I wonder how Mme de Staël would have appreciated how we make use of her fountain and gardens for such events. We may not have the intellects or celebrity of the visitors she was used to hosting here in the 19th century, but these events do help to keep the grounds well-cared for.
Tucked into little corners were colorful displays of plants for sale,
examples of garden layouts that incorporated art,
and floral-themed linens.
Other examples of garden art were scattered about the entrance.
Flowers and ideas for presenting them were everywhere.
But the display that I believe would most have enchanted my grandchildren was this one, with its constant supply of multi-colored bubbles.
Or perhaps even this stand of bonsai.
There were roses everywhere
and with the château as a backdrop, it was a feast for the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment