20 July 2010

Alternate eating technique - a demonstration

I don't yet have access to a mother lode of recent photos of Princess Butterfly, so it is true that she has been somewhat neglected in photo posts of late.  In an effort to restore some equilibrium and inspired by Prince Tyger's antics in the high chair, I have retrieved some photos of the Butterfly's eating techniques.  At the time, she was around 18 months old and, together with her Mom, Sweet M, was visiting us in Maryland in order to meet her then brand-new cousin, Prince Tyger.

As her grandparents were child-furniture deprived, Princess Butterfly had to sit at the big table with the "grown-ups" for her meals.  Being wonderfully adaptable, she managed just fine on the whole.
But I especially enjoyed this sequence of her eating blueberries and yogurt.  You can almost feel her wondering why Grandmom has to turn every event into a photo-op.
"If that's the case, I'll play along.  I'm hungry."
"Ah, that's good!"
"You want photo-op?  I'll give you photo-op."
Almost as much ended up on her face as in her tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment