12 July 2010

Changes

In case there are devoted - or other - readers of SD out there in the blogosphere, you may have noticed some recent changes in the blog format.  These are experiments, carried out courtesy of Google Blogger's new Template Designer feature.

This particular blog will continue to be a work in progress so please don't be surprised if you see additional modifications in a future visit.  For right now, however, I have modified the basic template to Blogger's "Simple" Designer template and added a background photo from among those furnished.  I'm still not quite satisfied with widths, fonts, etc., but petit à petit l'oiseau fait son nid.  Hopefully, my nid, like my life, will continue to grow.

The background photo that I selected shows a selection of colorful tagine pots.  I found this photo especially appropos, not only because it is beautiful but also because of the eight-year period of my life that I spent in Morocco, where delicious tagines feature prominently at mealtimes.

The pots shown may not necessarily be made in Morocco, but they are clearly tagine pots and their style is North African.  So as someone who loves North-African culture, I thank the photographer, listed in the credits below, and invite everyone to share a little bit of North Africa with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment