16 August 2010

Fleeting memories of the Sin City Naiad

I've been back from the scorching Southwest for nearly two weeks now - I can't believe how fast August has flown by.  July dragged on forever - or so it seemed.  The new school year will begin soon.  My friends and former workplace colleagues will be returning from various vacation spots - Greece, France, Sri Lanka, Peru, etc.  Prince Tyger and his parents are currently travelling in Wyoming and Utah, in part for business, in part for pleasure.  I hope that they are able to visit cooler parts of those states.  I can't really say that Maryland heat is much of an improvement over Nevada heat.  Not at all.  Here even short walks outside are like maneuvering through a steam room.  The humidity is almost as difficult and as heavy to walk through as water is.  So we don't move about much.

Just remembering the energy of little Miss Princess Butterfly is exhausting - especially her joy in the family swimming pool.  Since she isn't here to brighten the day herself, I am posting some of the photo memories that I have of her pure unadulterated joie de vivre, as here where she jumps exuberantly into the pool.
The minute she pops up, she heads for the corner of the pool to try it again.
The lack of a ladder is no obstacle to an enthusiastic little one.  She's determined to pull herself up.
There's one leg up ...
and now she's getting ready to stand.
In she goes again ...
and up she goes again.
This time, she stops to glance at Grandmom.   And yes, I am noticing, Little Princess Butterfly.
I wouldn't miss it for the world!  It may be just one small glimpse of one who still knows how to enjoy life by fully savoring the moment.  But such times are memorable and are as fleeting as they are precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment